Thursday, December 11, 2014

Overview

In Intro to German Culture, I learned more than I expected. I learned that Germany was the first to produce many items as well own some of the biggest name companies in the world. I learned that Germany also had a rough history in wars and prejudice. Germany is similar to the U.S. in many ways, but it is also different. The biggest surprise to me is that the family culture is a little different than here in the U.S. It was interesting to find out that it is easier for families to depart away from each other than here in the U.S.
Something in the class that I enjoyed was having the blog to post homework. One thing that I think did not work well is that there was so many group projects. It was harder for me and others to work in groups at times, especially if we didn’t get to pick them ourselves. One suggestion I have with working with groups, is that it’s required to post an email address to the blog. At times, it was difficult to get a hold of someone in my group if they weren’t in class the day the assignment was assigned or when groups were assigned outside of the class.

Overall the class was fun, educational, and enjoyable and I would definitely recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment